Welcome back to Partnership Grid Month!
So, you have your pile of CE initiatives and you've used last week's "red flags" to eliminate those that are a lousy fit for the partnership grid.
How do you sift through the rest to make the ideal combination?
A key characteristic reviewers will be looking for in your partnerships is DEPTH.
Start by identifying your "deepest" partnerships. Some factors to consider:
· Length of partnership
· Amount of funding invested in partnership
· # of different parts of campus involved in partnership
· Signs that the partnership has evolved over time
· The level of impact the partnership is designed to make
· Evidence of significant impact
· Origin of the partnership was in response to community request or invitation
This information is not always obvious, so you may have to collect it before you can sort your partnerships. Or if you have a hunch, you can do a preliminary sort and tag the partnerships you need to follow up on.
When you're done, you should end up with 3 partnership grid candidate piles:
deepest, deepish, and least deep.
Don't eliminate any partnerships from your candidacy yet! The next factor reviewers will be looking for is breadth, which we'll cover later this month!